November 05, 2015
LONDON – The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced the winners of the 2015 Be Inspired Awards. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving the world’s infrastructure. At a ceremony and gala last night here at The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, 18 Be Inspired Awards winners and five Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners were acknowledged. In addition, Bentley’s Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to J.P. (Peter) Blake, Director, Project Delivery Group for Hatch. (For details on Blake’s career achievements, see press release).
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. It features presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns. The 2015 event was also attended by more than 100 members of the media from leading publications around the globe who met with Bentley executives on Monday for the company’s annual Media Briefing. The agenda also includes presentations by finalists in the Be Inspired Awards program, culminating in the selection of the winning projects.
This year, 10 independent panels of jurors, comprising distinguished industry experts, selected the 18 Be Inspired Awards winners from 54 project finalists. These finalists had been previously chosen from over 360 submissions by organizations in 66 countries.
Candidates for Bentley’s Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards were selected by the jurors from the top finalist projects as well as other exemplary nominations. This selection was based on the projects’ uniquely innovative and visionary achievements that transcend the narrower focus of the standing Be Inspired Awards categories. The nominees were then reviewed by a panel of Bentley executives, who evaluated them based on the criteria established for each award.
Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley said, “This has been a year of major achievements for Bentley Systems that include the introduction of our CONNECT Edition infrastructure engineering software, providing a common environment for comprehensive project delivery. But the achievements that my colleagues and I are most proud of are those of our users. For while our goal at Bentley is advancing infrastructure, we can only accomplish it through the vision, talent, and dedication of the architects, engineers, constructors, and operations professionals who creatively apply our technology in pursuit of effective strategies for achieving new levels of project and/or infrastructure asset performance.
“Such achievements are exemplified by the extraordinary Be Inspired Award-winning projects we celebrated last night. I heartily congratulate the organizations that were instrumental in the delivery or operations of these truly inspiring projects. Moreover, I applaud all of the project nominees in this year’s awards program for their contributions to improving quality of life around the globe.”
The Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners for 2015 are as follows:
Advancing Collaborative BIM
- Morphosis Architects – Bill & Melinda Gates Hall – (Ithaca, New York, United States)
Advancing Comprehensive BIM “Playbooks”
- Hatch Ltd – Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station Project – (Nelson River, Manitoba, Canada)
Advancing Construction Modeling
- Jacobs – NAG Project – (Baytown, Texas, United States)
Advancing Information Mobility in Operations
- Western Power Distribution – EMU for iPad – (Exeter, United Kingdom)
Advancing Integrated Projects
- HDR – Union Station to Oak Cliff Streetcar TIGER Design-Build Project – (Dallas, Texas, United States)
The Be Inspired Awards winners for 2015 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- SA Water – Predictive and Operational Analytics Tools, Adelaide Metro Water Distribution Network – (Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
Innovation in Bridges
- LCW Consult – The Ceira River Bridge – (Coimbra, Coimbra District, Portugal)
Innovation in Building
- Robin Partington and Partners – One Merchant Square – (London, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Construction
- Vic’s Crane & Heavy Haul, Inc. – Unit 25 Project – (Rosemount, Minnesota, United States)
Innovation in Government
- Singapore Land Authority – Mapping Singapore in 3D – (Singapore)
Innovation in Land Development
- Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd. – Detailed Design of Utility Infrastructure – (Dharampur, Gujarat, India)
Innovation in Megaprojects
- AECOM – E4 The Stockholm Bypass – Förbifart Stockholm – FSK02 Rock Tunnels Design Contract – (Stockholm, Sweden)
Innovation in Mining
- Tetra Tech Proteus – Kvanefjeld Rare Earth: Uranium Project – (Narsaq, Kujalleq, Greenland)
Innovation in Offshore
- Keystone Engineering Inc. – Block Island Wind Farm – (Block Island, Rhode Island, United States)
Innovation in Power Generation
- MWH Global – Tyseley Resource Recovery Centre – (Birmingham, West Midland, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Process Manufacturing
- Giprotyumenneftegaz – Preliminary Water Removal Unit: North Vankor Field – (Igarka, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Russia)
Innovation in Project Delivery
- AECOM – Global Project Collaboration in a Design-build-finance-operate (DBFO) World – (Global)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- London Underground Ltd – Bond Street to Baker Street Tunnel Remediation Project – (London, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Roads
- Grontmij – A6 to Manchester Relief Road – (Stockport, Manchester and Cheshire, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Structures
- Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd. – SkyHouse Apartments – (Denver, Colorado; Atlanta, Georgia; Orlando and Tampa, Florida; Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; Austin, Houston, and Dallas, Texas, United States)
Innovation in Utilities and Communications
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company – Engineering Contractor Collaboration Solution Using ProjectWise and Bentley Substation – (San Ramon, California, United States)
Innovation in Water Network Analysis
- Prolagos/Aegea – Water Master Plan for the Região dos Lagos – (Região dos Lagos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Innovation in Water Treatment Plants
- Aqua+ – Complex Scheduling and Automatic Water Quality Monitoring of Groundwater – (Khabarovsk, Far East Federal District, Russia)
Bentley Systems has posted highlights of this year’s winning projects on its website. It will include more detailed descriptions of all nominated projects in the print and digital versions of its 2015 Infrastructure Yearbook,which will be published after the first of the year. To review the past 11 editions of this publication, which together feature more than 2,500 world-class projects recognized in the Be Inspired Awards program since 2004, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks.
About Be Inspired Awards Program and The Year in Infrastructure Conference
Since 2004, the Be Inspired Awards program has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure projects around the world. The Be Inspired Awards is unique – the only competition of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all users of Bentley software, independent panels of industry experts select finalists for each category. For additional information, visit the Be Inspired Awards.
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. This year’s conference includes:
- The Project Delivery Summit (by invitation only)
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit (by invitation only)
- The Building and Facilities Forum
- The Rail and Road Forum
- The Oil, Gas, Offshore, and Mining Forum
- The Utilities Forum
- The Visions for the Future Forum
- The Be Inspired Awards Ceremony
The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference sponsors include:
- Platinum: Microsoft
- Gold: ARC Advisory Group, Architectural Record, Electric Light & Power, Engineering News-Record, Geospatial Media + Communications, Infrastructure Intelligence, New Civil Engineer, Offshore, Power Engineering, and WaterWorld
For more details and a complete list of sponsors, including Silver level, click here.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference website for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event, being held November 3-5, 2015, in London, U.K. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Bentley Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit BI 500.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, Bentley Substation, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
See more at: https://www.bentley.com/en/about-us/news/2015/november/05/2015-be-inspired-award-winners#sthash.wWRdu13Z.dpuf